Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Voice

King Éinrí listened intently to the song, as indeed it was the cry of his heart. Somewhere there was a place for them, and he hoped that this was their somewhere. He knew of course that he could not do this alone, which was why he had brought together all the Leaders of the Nations, in the hopes that they would work together to bring peace to their land. And of course one of the major players, was the Queen, Ailis, the love of his heart...

That was the problem, he loved her and she knew just how to manipulate his love to get whatever she wanted... including her heirs... But he would forgive her almost anything, such as was his love for her... and such was the reason that he kept staring at her all throughout the concert, hoping that she wouldn’t notice.

Ailis looked at her watch and knew it was time for her to take her secret part in this whole celebration. Using her amazing skills of deception she started to fidget in her seat and then leaned over to Éinrí. "I'll be back my love... I need to find the powder room." She smiled, got up and started to leave, then she turned and said, "Save my seat."

"As if anyone would dare to take the seat of the Queen." He chuckled. And then he replayed in his mind what she just said. Did she just call him my love? Perhaps everything would work out after all..

"Thanks." She pecked his cheek and left after saying, "Enjoy the show."

The mere fact that she pecked his cheek and called him 'my love' was giving him more hope of having a true marriage with Ailis, than anything ever had. Now it seemed possible that there was hope for a bright future, not just for him, but also for their people... He just wished Ailis wouldn't miss this, and couldn't help but wonder where Ailis had gone.

Ailis had gone down the back exit way and waved to the guards while giving that universal sign of a woman in need of a restroom. When they had directed her to the restroom and she was sure she wasn’t seen, she tapped her communicator and she gave the signal to her friend. Then she made her way to the secluded room with a microphone and monitor that she had set up earlier in the day with the help of her son.

Meanwhile, a very attractive brunette walked onto the stage and waited for her cue to begin singing. The earpiece she wore gave the signal from Ailis and the brunette singer began to lip sync and perform to the song that Ailis had secretly begun to sing, ‘The Voice.’

"The Voice"

I hear your voice on the wind
And I hear you call out my name

"Listen, my child," you say to me
"I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call, and I'll set you free"

Well, here together they had answered the call of the Voice. And all Éinrí could hope, was that the Voice would do as they promised, and set them free.

No comments:

Post a Comment